Cakes & Cookies

Baked yogurt Cheesecake with chocolate toppings

9:52 PM

 This baked Yogurt cheesecake is so close to my heart . It was that time of the year when you feel loved, pampered by your loved ones. It’s a celebration in the family and where you are the center of attention...who will not feel top of the world. The tiny hands which had once encircled around Mama's finger has now grown up to be a handsome young man who takes all the effort in the world to make mama’s day a memorable one.
Yes indeed. It was really emotional for a mother to see before her eyes what a nice gentleman her boy has turned out to be. The thoughtful gift chosen by him knowing that how much I like baking was a real surprise to me. A gift so close to my heart. I have kept all his gifts since childhood, the cards which he had made for me to the chocolate wrappers …..how time flies.
As the day unfolds , it brings with it nostalgic memories of the time spent and how as a person I have grown all these years. I have been influenced by so many people in my life, my mother being the most influential among them. There are lot of friends who have influenced my thought process, who have pushed me out of my comfort zone to try out something amazing. They feel happy when they see me happy. 


So this is one such small gesture from me on this special day of my life for all my friends who have stood beside me like a rock solid support , in very trying times, relationships which understands no boundaries …this sweet surprises are for all those moments I shared with each one of you….This recipe is very simple to make and it has been adopted from the blog http://www.passionateaboutbaking.com.

What I really like about this cake is its simplicity and how it has combined the Indian and western concept so well. The use of dark chocolate along with the traditional sweet yogurt has enhanced the taste to a different level.

Prep Time: 10 minutes {plus extra for draining the whey}
Total Time: 30 minutes 
Ingredients:
  • 400gms sweet curd
  • 400gms of  condensed milk
  • 200ml  Amul  cream
  • 40g Amul dark chocolate
  • 1 tablespoon  pistachios
Lets learn how to make this baked yogurt cheesecake
  • Transfer the sweet curd to a muslin cloth and hang till all the whey drains out.
  • Preheat the oven to 180 degree.Line a round cake tin with aluminium foil and keep it aside.
  • Transfer the drained sweet yogurt to a large bowl and combine with condensed milk and cream and whisk till smooth.
  • Transfer the mixture to the cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Leave it in the oven to get cool . Demould and place on serving platter.
  • Grate the dark chocolate over it and garnish with pistachios and edible flowers.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments