CakesandCookies

Classic Cherry & Raisin Cake

7:14 PM


"Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know that they are always there"

               This Monday was my friend’s birthday and we just could not meet on that day but I decided to surprise her with this beautiful Cherry & Raisins Cake when she arrived Yesterday. I had decided to wrap up cooking for the last two days of the year but when I think back my bonding with her, I just could not keep myself from baking this one especially for her. 

 This post is dedicated to so many friends like her who have made my life beautiful with their constant faith in me, my abilities and of course showering their love and affection on me whenever I needed them the most. Naming them would be an understatement for the things they have done for me….so this is a humble last post of the year celebrating the spirit of friendship……
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS …..

Ingredients
  •    1 cup All-purpose flour
  •    1/2 cup powdered sugar
  •    1/4 cup oil
  •    1/4 cup Yogurt
  •    1/4 teaspoon Salt
  •     1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
  •     1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
  •     1/2 cup Fresh orange juice
  •     2 to 3 nos of Green cardamom
  •     1 inch Cinnamon 
  •     a small piece of Nutmeg 
  •      2 nos of cloves
  •     1/4 cup cherry and raisins

Let's Learn How to make this cake:
  • Soak the cherry and raisins  in fresh orange juice and keep them in the refrigerator overnight. 
  • Preheat the oven to 160 degree and grease a baking mould and place parchment paper on the bottom.
  • Grind the cinnamon, cardamom, Nutmeg and cloves into a fine powder.
  • Mix all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, Nutmeg and cloves powder and keep aside. 
  • Drain the cherry and raisins from the orange juice and keep the orange juice for further use.
  • Coat the cherry and raisins in 1/2 teaspoon of All purpose flour and keep aside.
  • In a separate bowl mix yogurt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Once you add the baking soda you can see the bubbles in the yogurt after 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Then add oil and  whisk well. Add the flour mixture into this and keep mixing.
  • Now add the orange juice and whisk well.Now add the cherry and raisins into the batter and gently fold with the help of a spatula. 
  • Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and tap on the kitchen counter to level the top. 
  • Bake in a pre heated oven for 50 to 55  minutes.  Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. Cake is ready if the toothpick comes out clean. If not, bake for some more time, and then check again.Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes and then take out to cool in the wire rack.
  • Once Cool, slice some glazed cherries on top and sprinkle powdered sugar and serve.

As a parting note to the year 2015, which has showered me with so much love, appreciation and affection from my readers and all those people who believe in me….I promise to come up with more amazing recipes and food stories from my kitchen in the coming year 2016……in the mean time you can have a look at the other cakes and cookies which I have baked in this year.









You Might Also Like

4 comments