Baking

TEA TIME EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE

1:00 PM






 Being a full time working mom is not easy. My work requires me to clock long hours and on some occasions, I have to go to work even on weekends or Public holidays. And whenever I have some time, I prefer to treat myself and my family with this wonderful ORANGE CAKE

   



It’s a version of a cake I prefer to bake again and again as the cardamom, and orange scented fresh cake brings a lingering sultry fragrance to the kitchen and, well, romance to the table.  I lightened up the sugar a little and used orange juice instead. To replace a lot of the butter, I used the yogurt.  It took me a couple of tries to get this the right consistency but once I did, it was perfect.  This cake you can have at anytime of the day, from afternoon tea to breakfast. This is great for brunch – or for an afternoon snack.  I liked it because I don’t make enough goodies with oranges, so it was nice. 
 INGREDIENTS:


11/2 cup all purpose flour
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp grated orange zest
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup curd
1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamom powder
1/2 cup fresh orange juice




PROCEDURE:
  • Pre Heat Oven to 180 degree C.
  • Sift  flour, baking powder and salt together and keep aside.
  • In another bowl, mix 1 tsp of grated orange zest and sugar . Rub the zest into the sugar.
  • Add oil, curd, freshly ground cardamom powder and mix well.
  • Fold in the flour into the wet mixture with the fresh orange juice.
  • Do not over mix, just enough to fold in everything nicely.
  • Grease a baking tray and pour the batter and bake at 175 degree for 35 to 40 minutes or till a tooth pick comes out clean.

  • Transfer then cake to a wire rack and allow the cake to cool down before slicing it.


  • Serve it with Tea or coffee . 



  • The aroma of this cake will make you go this again and again.


You Might Also Like

0 comments